- “We”, “us”, “App4Smart” means the owner and the administration of the Website and App.
- “User”, “you” means any person using the Website and App.
- “Website” means the website accessible at http://app4smart.com, including its sub-domains, programming code, related technologies, know-hows, databases and design
- “App” means the App4Smart downloadable Android mobile application, including any upgrades, modified or subsequent versions, updates, or error corrections provided by us.
- “Personal Data” means information or its combination that can be used to identify you as an individual (natural person), such as, for example first and last name.
- “Anonymous Data” means non-personally identifiable information about an individual (natural person) that alone or in combination with similar information can not be used to identify you, such as, for example, an IP address or make and model of the mobile device you use.
- “Information” means collectively any Personal Data, Anonymous Data, information you made publicly available and/or any other protected or publicly available information.
2. Personal Data
To access the Website or App, to provide you with the services and for other purposes that will be mentioned further in this Policy we may collect the following Personal Data (by the way of example):
- Your email address.
- Your first and last name.
- Geographical identification metadata.
3. What Personal Data is not Protected by App4Smart
In the course of using the Website and App you will be able to voluntarily disclose, transfer or publish openly and publicly, or share with certain other Users any Information about yourself, including Personal Data. This may happen when you voluntarily disclose Information, for example, in the comments, on your profile pages, or in other content you may post on or through the Website or App.
Please be aware that when you register to become a User, other users of the Website or App will be able to see your user name and information about yourself (if you have chosen to post it), in addition to any comments and other content that you post to or transmit via the Website or App.
If you wish to guard your anonymity we recommend that you do not provide and use your real name as your user name to the extent that allows others to identify you.
Please note, that WE DO NOT HAVE ANY OPPORTUNITY OR RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTROL THE CONTENT THAT CARRIES THIS INFORMATION AND/OR PERSONAL DATA ONCE IT IS MADE PUBLIC OR SHARED WITH OTHERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT DISCLOUSING, PUBLISHING, SHARING AND MAKING THIS PERSONAL DATA PUBLICLY AVAILABLE IS YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY.
Identifying information about User, which is a legal entity (a company, corporation and such), is not considered Personal Data by operation of law.
4. Your Location Information
We collect geographical identification metadata (GPS, WiFi, user-entered) when you use the App. We may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to define your current location in order to determine the place you are located at the moment so you can use the services to the full extent. We will not share your current location with other Users or anyone else.
If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services in your device settings when using the App. You understand that in such a case you will not be able to utilize the services in full or at all.
To opt out of the Services that use your location Information you may uninstall the App at all times.
5. Interactions with Third-Party Log-in Services
If you use your Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Foursquare or other third-party log-in service (“Third-Party Service”) account information to sign in to the Website or connect to the App, we will collect and store your Third-Party Service user ID. If you connect your App4Smart account with your Third-Party Service account, we ask for your permission to collect certain information from your Third-Party Service account (such as information from your Third-Party Service profile).
We use your Information from such Third-Party Service account only in accordance with your privacy settings you have set up with that Third-Party Service.
6. Information We Do Not Collect
We do not process and collect any Personal Data or personally identifiable information, such as (by way of example):
- Third-Party Service logins and passwords,
- Phone numbers,
- Financial and payment information about you.
7. Anonymous Data Collected Automatically
For you to access and use the Website or App we collect Anonymous Data from your computer, mobile device or browser when you download, install and/or use the App or Website.
The App may collect certain Anonymous Data automatically, including, but not limited to:
- The type of device you use,
- Application Installation ID or unique device ID,
- The IP address of your device,
- Your device operating system,
- Mobile phone carrier,
- Geographical data such as zip code, area code and approximate location,
- Information about the way you use the App (e.g. access times, and length of access).
- Your IP address,
- The type of device you use,
- Browser type, version and language,
- Type and version of your operating system,
- The number and frequency of visitors to the Website.
8. Cookies. Third-Parties Links and Ads
For general information on cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
The Website may contain links and advertisements leading to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked or advertised sites. We strongly recommend that you read the privacy policies of the linked or advertised websites as they may contain further terms and conditions which apply to you.
9. Why We Collect Information
The Information is used anonymously in aggregation with similar information from other Users of the Website or App for:
- Delivering you App4Smart services and functionality,
- Your seamless interaction with the Website and App,
- Analytical and statistical purposes,
- Understanding of our User’s interaction with the Website or App,
- Improvement and development of the Website, App or our other services and products,
- Sending you related information, including confirmations, updates, and security alerts.
10. How Long We Retain Information
The time periods for which we retain your Information depend on the purposes for which we use it. We will keep your Information for as long as you are a User and, thereafter, for no longer than is reasonably necessary for reporting and reconciliation purposes pursuant to legal requirements and to provide you with any feedback or information you might request or require.
11. Your Consent
- PROVIDE INFORMATION TO US THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR APP;
- ENTER AN AGREEMENT WITH US.
- OUR COLLECTION OF INFORMATION BY AUTOMATED MEANS, SUCH AS COOKIES OR THE INTENDED FUNCTIONALITY OF THE WEBSITE, AND TO OUR SUBSEQUENT PROCESSING AND USING OF INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS POLICY, AND
- THE STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO LOCATIONS WHEREVER WE AND OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS HAVE FACILITIES.
12. With Whom We Share the Information
We may share aggregated Anonymous Data with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and contractors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
13. Disclosure of Information
We may release the Information concerning your use of the Website or App:
- When we believe in good faith that such release is appropriate to comply with the applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request (for example, pursuant to a statutory demand, subpoena, warrant or court order);
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- To protect against abusive or unlawful use of the Website or App;
- To protect the rights, safety, or property of Users, or any other third parties;
- If we reasonably believe that a situation involving danger of death or injury to any person requires disclosure;
14. Information Concerning Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use the Website or App. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take immediate steps to remove that Personal Data.
15. Sensitive Personal Data
We do not deal with any sensitive information, such as related to the racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, physical or mental health or condition, crime or court records, etc.
16. Information Security
We will take commercially reasonable precautions to protect Personal Data and Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We process all Information using industry-standard techniques.
We implement the following administrative, technical, and physical measures for the protection of Personal Data:
- Administrative measures. Access to your Personal Data is limited to authorized personnel who have a legitimate need to access it based on their job descriptions. In case third-party contractors process Personal Data on our behalf, similar requirements are imposed.
- Technical measures. Personal Data is transmitted in encrypted format using SSL technology. We use up-to-date firewall protection and high-quality antivirus and anti-malware software.
- Physical measures. Access to Personal Data is not permitted via the Internet except using an encrypted virtual private network. Otherwise access is limited to our physical premises. We store the Information on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
17. Business or Asset Transfer
In the event that we, a line of our business, or substantially all our assets are transferred, sold or merged with another business, Information may be one of the transferred assets.
18. International Transfer of Information
Our servers and information processing equipment are located in a number of countries around the world, thus Information will be stored in these countries. By voluntarily providing Information to us when using the Website and App, you are consenting to the collection and use of your Personal Data by us, including the transfer to another jurisdiction other than Cyprus.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion to modify or revise this Policy at any time by posting the amended Policy on the Website. Please check the most current Policy.
20. Privacy Related Inquiries
We comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for Personal Data according to the EU rules and regulations.
If, for any reason, you are concerned with the way that we may be using your Personal Data, you have questions about the privacy aspects of the Website or App, please, contact us at email@example.com.
Last updated: July 18, 2014