Review ADW Launcher EX
Universal launcher app for Android
Author: Alexander Vorobyev
Date: tested on 21 Jun 2017 on
ADW Launcher EX is a very powerful and highly customizable launcher for Android devices that lets you adjust the appearance of your interface and manage every small thing that’s associated with it (gestures, folders, icons, and screen settings and even more).
This launcher was developed by AnderWeb studio and has been downloaded for over 5 mln times. The app features minimalist Ice Cream Sandwich design and is constantly updated.
Interface and capabilitiesWhen you enter the app for the first time, you will be shown a detailed guide on how to use the launcher where from you will learn all necessary information. At first it may seem that it’s too sophisticated, but it takes just a bit of practice to master it.
The developers added a lot of sweet details like choosing word break in icons or adding shadows to them and even more. Apart from wide functionality, it’s really easy to use this app. Just tap one button at the top right of the screen to enter the settings (where you can add widgets, icons, folders, shortcuts, and arrange/resize screens) or press on the other button to go to the screen where all your apps will be displayed. This is a highly functional launcher that’s made with care and it won’t be possible to list all of its capabilities in one review.
Key features of ADW Launcher EX for Android:
- Stylish design;
- Built-in guide;
- Highly customizable;
- Has a lot of features;
- Ability to set up gestures;
- Supported by tablets.
And though this launcher features a lot of functions, some of them look a bit wacky in terms of design on new Android OS versions. Apart from it, to be able to use all features of the app you will need to purchase a $3 paid version.
ResumeADW Launcher EX is a perfect and the oldest launcher for Android that offers users wide functionality and is really easy to use. If you’re tired of your standard launcher, this app may become its best replacement for you.
What do you think about the app?
- Fleksy KeyboardIntelligent alternative keyboard for the lazy9.6
- Aycon (Icon & Shortcut Editor)Easily add quick launch icons to your homescreen7.6
- Dodol LauncherChange your Android's entire look with ease8.0
- OneCalc - Material CalculatorCalculator with graphing and matrices7.6
- AtoomaMake your smart phone fully automated9.1
- SAO Launcher7.3
- Wave LauncherPlace 6-60 apps on a nifty wave9.3
- Viral Floating Youtube PopupMultitasking Video Windows!10
- Today CalendarStock calendar redesigned8.1
- Wallpaper ChangerTurn your gizmo's wallpaper into a photo slideshow8.9
- GO Contacts EXSubstitution for Android contact list7.7
- Ninja SMSSMS messages in pop-up windows9.2
- Swype KeyboardWorld’s most functional keyboard10
- Sleep as AndroidIntelligent alarm clock that identifies sleep10
- Lazy SwipeAll your favorite apps at the flick of a finger7.5
- Puzzle Alarm ClockReally actionable alarm clock app8.9
- 123onA unique app that lets you create video wallpapers and ringtones7.0
- Weather ScreenLive Wallpaper and Weather Widget9.2
- HexaTimeA minimalist live wallpaper clock7.0
- REMINISCE Lock Screen PhotosLockscreen that digs out your photos6.7