- Discussions (1)
User-friendly lazy reading service
Author: Alexander Vorobyev
Date: tested on 18 Jul 2017 on
Instapaper is one of the most popular read later services for Android. It lets you save any articles that you like to read them later in offline mode. Just choose any text that you’d like to have at hand and save it in one tap. No more bookmarks!
The app was released by Instapaper Holdings, Inc. on iOS and then was ported to Android. It features a minimalist stylish design, pleasant fonts, and saves all your favorite news and articles in a neat way.
Interface and capabilitiesInstapaper features a simple interface and is highly customizable. It has five tabs: Read Later, Liked, Archive, Videos, and the Feature. The first one is where all articles that you added from web pages via ‘Share’ option go to. The second page is used to store articles you liked, while Videos features all video clips on YouTube you gave likes to.
All articles that you finished reading can be stored in Archive, while the Feature page offers you to review hundreds of articles taken from the world’s most famous newspapers and magazines.
Upon reading an article you can change the font style, enable/disable pagination, or share it with friends via Bluetooth or Google-based services. Apart from this, you will be able to create your own folders and group your articles the way you want.
Key features of Instapaper for Android:
- User-friendly stylish interface;
- Wide selection of neat fonts;
- Smart article formatting;
- Built-in updateable base of articles;
- Ability to create folders;
- Adding articles via standard Share feature.
The application costs $3 and even if you purchase it, certain limited functionality will be available only if you buy an annual subscription priced at about $10.
ResumeInstapaper is the oldest and one of the best read later services for Android. We bet that everyone will be pleased with its simplicity, wide functionality, and distraction-free interface.
What do you think about the app?
- imo instant messengerNo-frills messaging and calls7.7
- Alarm Clock for Me freeA very visual alarm clock8.0
- AirDroidAccess your device from PC via Wi-Fi8.9
- DU Battery Saver & WidgetsFull featured battery optimiser7.7
- TuneIn RadioThe world's radio stations all at your fingertips10
- Mico - Chat, Live StreamingMake friends with this bare bones chat app6.9
- TumblrExcellent photos, terribly glitchy app6.8
- Chrome BetaExperimental version of the browser from Google8.9
- ShazamIntelligent music recognizer software9.1
- POMELO-absolute filtersPhoto editor with the original filters8.3
- NetflixTop notch streaming service9.6
- EvernoteApp that remembers everything for you10
- C LauncherA mediocre way to experience Android6.9
- Battery DoctorImproving your battery life10
- Hotels.com – Hotel ReservationModern design and 10% off your first booking8.9
- GO KeyboardFeature right keyboard, but with laggy theme browsing7.8
- VSCO CamAdvanced photo editor software8.9
- OkCupid DatingA dating app that feels very similar to the rest, but it is OkCupid after all7.0
- 360 Mobile SecurityAll around system protection and optimization8.9
- PathA new social networking app that doesn't stand out6.5