- Discussions (1)
User-friendly lazy reading service
Author: Alexander Vorobyev
Date: tested on 18 Jul 2017 on
Instapaper is one of the most popular read later services for Android. It lets you save any articles that you like to read them later in offline mode. Just choose any text that you’d like to have at hand and save it in one tap. No more bookmarks!
The app was released by Instapaper Holdings, Inc. on iOS and then was ported to Android. It features a minimalist stylish design, pleasant fonts, and saves all your favorite news and articles in a neat way.
Interface and capabilitiesInstapaper features a simple interface and is highly customizable. It has five tabs: Read Later, Liked, Archive, Videos, and the Feature. The first one is where all articles that you added from web pages via ‘Share’ option go to. The second page is used to store articles you liked, while Videos features all video clips on YouTube you gave likes to.
All articles that you finished reading can be stored in Archive, while the Feature page offers you to review hundreds of articles taken from the world’s most famous newspapers and magazines.
Upon reading an article you can change the font style, enable/disable pagination, or share it with friends via Bluetooth or Google-based services. Apart from this, you will be able to create your own folders and group your articles the way you want.
Key features of Instapaper for Android:
- User-friendly stylish interface;
- Wide selection of neat fonts;
- Smart article formatting;
- Built-in updateable base of articles;
- Ability to create folders;
- Adding articles via standard Share feature.
The application costs $3 and even if you purchase it, certain limited functionality will be available only if you buy an annual subscription priced at about $10.
ResumeInstapaper is the oldest and one of the best read later services for Android. We bet that everyone will be pleased with its simplicity, wide functionality, and distraction-free interface.
What do you think about the app?
- CCleanerKeep your Androd clean - easily free up memory7.3
- SwarmHo-hum. It's just ok7.6
- GreenifyPump your phone up8.6
- CM Security Antivirus AppLockOne of the best looking security apps in the Play Store9.0
- Mico - Chat, Live StreamingMake friends with this bare bones chat app6.9
- MapsThe only guide you will ever need9.9
- Alarm Clock for Me freeA very visual alarm clock8.0
- All-In-One Toolbox (29 Tools)Powerful system utility application that cleans phone of junk8.4
- DU Speed BoosterGive your device a boost9.0
- SuperSUThe gold standard in root management apps9.7
- RealCalc Scientific CalculatorA comprehensive scientific calculator with some quibbles7.3
- Signal Private MessengerTotally private text and picture messages8.3
- Dodol LauncherChange your Android's entire look with ease8.0
- PayPalPerhaps the most solid iteration of Paypal yet9.9
- KakaoTalk: Free Calls & TextAmazing messaging app with tons of fun features9.1
- Google CameraStock сam is better6.6
- TweetCasterWorks better than Twitter's own app9.0
- To Do ListA minimalist to do list7.7
- SnapseedFast and easy photo editing for everyone9.2
- FlipboardOrganize and discover stories and online content9.0